.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Monday, September 12, 2005

Lancaster Baptist Church

Yesterday, Dan and I went to Lancaster Baptist Church where I preached in supply for Zach Terry, a good friend of mine. The notable part of yesterday would not be my message but our travel to Lancaster. We left at 6:00 a.m. to travel what normally is around an hour and 45 minute drive. However, we encountered a wreck on I-64 which shut down eastbound traffic; therefore, we were forced to do a u-turn and travel down I-65. To make a long travel short, we got there in 2 hours and 45 minutes and walked in when the last song was being sung! I went to the bathroom, took the lapel mic, and went to preaching. It was quite the experience. The people were great, and we had a great time nonetheless. And the sunrise on the journey was a great consolation with my consternation with traffic. Oh, and here's an ethical question: Is it o.k. to speed if you are late because of cause beyond your control, and if you don't show up, then the church won't have a preacher? And follow up, is it ever o.k. to speed? What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005