.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Please Remember Adrian In Your Prayers

Over the past five years, I have had the privilege of participating in mission work in the country of Argentina. In the course of my travels, I have developed some close bonds with missionaries there, but probably none closer than with Adrian Ferrari. Adrian is a unique gift to the people of Argentina. Having had HIV/AIDS now for I think 20 years now, he is a walking miracle. God has used him in tremendous ways to share his testimony of the greatness and glory of God through his transformed life. Yet, in spite of this transformation, his body has continued to take a toll. Just the other day, I received an email describing his treatment: Just wanted to keep you posted as to how Adrian is doing with his health. Last Wednesday he began the treatment for his liver. It consists of a shot each week (very similar to chemo) and 5 pills that he has to take on a daily basis. The side effects are very strong, including dizziness, nausea, and body soreness. The first treatment took a very hard toll on him, and it took him until Monday to get over all the pain, only to go back on Wednesday to the hospital to start week 2 of the treatment. But the Lord has answered the many prayers lifted up on Adrian’s behalf, this time his reaction to the treatment has been incredible (specially compared to last week). Please continue to pray for Adrian (his wife Alba as well). This is just the beginning of a 48 week treatment! As Will Herndon has mentioned, please pray for Adrian's health, that the Lord would maximize his days on this earth for a great kingdom impact in the country of Argentina. We all know that our days are few on this earth, but each day matters, especially when you have AIDS. So I am asking for your prayers on behalf of our brother and co-laborer for the gospel's sake. Thank you for hearing my request, and may the Lord continue to produce wonder and faith in God through the testimony of Adrian and the supplication of the saints on his behalf!

Yes, and I will rejoice, for I know that through your prayers and the help of the Spirit of Jesus Christ this will turn out for my deliverance, as it is my eager expectation and hope that I will not be at all ashamed, but that with full courage now as always Christ will be honored in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. If I am to live in the flesh, that means fruitful labor for me . . .
Philippians 1:19-22

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005