.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Monday, February 13, 2006

"I Could Drive A Truck Right Through It!"

Probably my greatest laughs came today while listening to Dr. Mohler's radio show. He was talking about his review and critique of George Barna's recent book Revolution. His basic argument is that the cure for an anemic, superficial Church is not to get rid of it (Barna) but to reform it (a la Nettles' Ready for Reformation?). However, toward the end of the show (at the 30:15 mark on the download), a seriously disgruntled man with rough English came on and called a himself one of those "revolutionaries" who agreed with Barna and followed with a classic statement which paraphrased was: "You're logic leaves a hole that I could drive a truck right through it!" Mohler's response was, "Well, go ahead! Drive it ______! You've got the wheel!" I thought it was a great moment. While getting out of the car and later walking my dog, I tried picturing this man pointing his finger in Dr. Mohler's face and making his case. My neighbor's saw me and surely thought something was wrong when they saw me belly-laughing down the walkway. Now, I am quite confident that people could drive a semi through my logic, but I wouldn't want to size up the logic of Dr. Mohler if you are asking me. That exercise might be as profitable as getting an Arminian to believe in the free will of God. The only thing I wished Mohler should have said in response was, "How big a boy are 'ya?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005