.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Crossing the Finish Line

Most of you know I like to try to post daily here at P&P. However, I like many students at this point, am nearing the finish line for this semester at school and find myself staring at several deadlines in less than a week. At this point, I have a book review, two finals, and two papers (30-page paper on evangelical inclusivism and saving faith and a 10-page Greek exegetical paper) all due by this Thursday. Consequently, I do not know how much if at all I will have time to post this upcoming week. In the meantime, for those of you interested, James White and Tom Ascol have provided their presentation of Baptists and Calvinism on MP3 format, and I highly encourage you to download it. Also, I recently found out that Piper has responded to the "Piper is Bad" video that uses my photos of him at the T4G and DGM conferences. I am encouraged to hear that he enjoyed it and didn't find it irreverent or moxy as some have dubbed it. One more thing I thought I'd mention: Next month I will be working on a piece called "Blogging in a Pluralistic Culture" and would be interested on any feedback you could give me on the subject. My goal is to present a viable apologetic and approach to handling Christian truth in the blogosphere while dealing with the issue of religious and philosophical pluralism.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Stilley said...

Regarding your piece on "Blogging in a Pluralistic Culture" I would think it important to discuss the propriety of and dangers of discussing sectarian/convention politics in a forum read by non-Christians. Just a thought.

Blessings, and peace.

11/26/2006 06:32:00 PM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

Thanks Kevin for the input. If you don't mind, could you elaborate more specifically what you are referring to?

Secondly, and on the flip side, do you see and benefits or advantages of having such discussions where they are being read by non-Christians?

Thanks again for the feedback.

tnb

11/26/2006 08:21:00 PM

 
Blogger leslie said...

I just finished my paper!!! (praise God)
I'll be praying you get yours done because I would like to have a look at your inclusivism paper.

visit my blog

11/26/2006 11:33:00 PM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

Leslie,

Thanks for the prayers. Also, I am picking up Dr. Vicker's lecture on imputation given a couple of years back this afternoon. When I listen to it, I will try to provide a summary or brief outline of it on the blog.

11/27/2006 03:15:00 PM

 
Blogger pregador27 said...

Isn't it nice to see John Piper having a sense of humor? I know of some Christians who would have gone off the deep end if it were about them.

11/29/2006 12:24:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005