.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Post-Election Word from Brad

Here are some brief reflections from Brad at the close of the election. Well it has been a long day and a long few months. A few hours ago, I called to congratulate Sanford Bishop on his win and pledged to work to support him in his efforts to lead this district. Tonight has been strange. I knew when I started that this was an uphill battle, especially since this was my first step into politics. I did not come naive. I did, however, not expect that several counties in Georgia's 2nd District would be so heavily Democratic, as they have formerly trended Republican. It would appear that some people do watch and subscribe to the ideas of network tv more than I realized. Unfortunately, I did not carry two of the most Republican counties in the area. Neither did several statewide candidates. I am confused by that and I look forward to hearing the ideas of the talking heads that know better than I. For Republicans in Georgia, this was a surprising night in politics. All that said, we move forward. I will continue to seek the Lord in my life and I will view this not as a defeat, but a stepping stone on the way to where I am going in politics. I have simply begun to pay my dues to get to a position to help this area be what it can be. I will continue to work in ministry and will make decisions about further political aspirations at a later date. Obviously, we run to win. I, however, also ran because I felt that was the only way I could be faithful to a calling on my life. I want to thank all of you for your help with this campaign. Thank you for your prayers. Thank you for your calls, emails, donations and visits as we traveled through your towns. I am forever grateful. In a year when candidates have spent millions of dollars, not one Democratic House seat went to a Republican. In a year when President Bush traveled all over the country to campaign, NO DEMOCRATIC seat went Republican. On that day- I am more than proud of the work we did. Thanks again and I will be touch again soon. Brad

Hughes for Congress PO Box 543 Blakely, GA 39823 www.hughesforcongress.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005