End of the Year Blog Reader Survey
As I mentioned a couple of days ago, I have put together an end-of-the-year blog survey for blog readers. I know you probably have a million more important things to do this week than answer these questions, but should you choose to fill out this survey, it would be a HUGE help. Here's how you can send in your survey: 1. The easiest way I can think to do this is to copy and paste the questions in a Word document, supply your answers to the questions, and email the document back to me whenever it is completed. If you cannot attach the survey in a Word document, simply include it in the body of your email. 2. If you have a Blogger account, you can answer the questions in the comments section of this blogpost (if you care to have your answers read by the public). Here's the questions. They are divided into two sections: General/Objective (basic info) and Specific/Subjective (your personal feedback).
- Do you own a blog?
- How long have you been reading blogs?
- How many blogs do you read regularly?
- How often do you read blogs?
- Do you subscribe to blogs (either through RSS/ATOM/XML)?
- What browser do you use (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.)?
- What are some things you are looking for in a blog? In a blogger?
- What would you recommend for better blogging in the future?
- Do you believe blogging has made any impact on culture, church, or Christianity?
- What do you see are the greatest benefits of blogs?
- What do you see are the greatest dangers regarding blogs?
- What style of blogging do you prefer (e.g. personal/interactive/disclosure or impersonal/reporter-like/no disclosure)?
- What form or genre of blogs do you enjoy the most (news/reporting, personal commentary, culture watchdogs, theological/doctrinal, photography, satire/parody, or content-specific)?
- Do you believe blogging has a promising future? In other words, do you see blogging as a tool to be used or a trend that is useless? Please explain.
- Finally, do you regret the time you have spent reading blogs, or do you feel that you have benefited from them?
Thank you very much for helping me better understand the phenomena of blogging and how it relates to me as a blogger, you as a reader, and all of us as we aim to glorify God. From the feedback I hope to receive from this survey, I believe that I will learn a great deal from you guys!