.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Friday, December 01, 2006

POTW :: 12.01.01 :: settledown

[click to enlarge]
Well, I think it has been a week or two since I posted POTW on Friday. As the school semester has come to a close, I realize that I am exhausted. Seminary life, I must say, is one of the most challenging and demanding periods in a person's life and marriage. While I enjoy the study and rigor of learning and growing in an institutional setting like Southern, it also has its setbacks - many of them which I am experiencing right now. So I am hoping that during this next month things will settle down, and more importantly I will settle down. My heart is restless, and my mind is worked over. Moreover, during this time of the year it seems that schedules and planners are filled with parties, gatherings, concerts, etc. which makes it all the more difficult for settling, solitude, and rest. My hope that, in the midst of all this, I can rest in the arms of my Father and enjoy some meaningful time with my wife and family. I hope you will do the same. For more photos, check out my Flickr page as well as the Friday photo group. (Oh, about the picture. This was taken two summers ago when my friend Dan and I went to Tioga falls (outside Louisville) on a rainy morning after work at UPS. We both took the same picture, and his is much better than mine. Always learning . . .)

1 Comments:

Blogger David said...

That is a great shot--suitable for framing.

12/01/2006 07:24:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005