.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Friday, September 23, 2005

Random Stuff for the Week of 9/23-9/29

* There is a new blog worthy of checking out called the One True God Blog. Some of the contributors are Al Mohler, Hugh Hewitt, John Mark Reynolds, Mark D. Roberts, Amy Welborn, and David Allen White. For a brief bio sketch of these folks, click here. * There is a wonderful source of great Puritan and Reformed works, quotes, and general information at Fire and Ice (also known as Puritan Sermons). I used to get much of my reading many years ago from this site, and recently I have been reacquainted with it. There a treasures of truth here! Check it out. * I just found out the other day that Shane and Shane have come out with a new CD. It is called An Evening with Shane & Shane. The CD was released September 13, and if you are in the Louisville area, they will be with David Crowder this Sunday night at Southeast Christian Church. Look forward to hearing their new stuff. * LibraryThing is a very cool program that just came out. Joe Carter (Evangelical Outpost) describes it a bit: For years I've wanted to catalog all the books in my personal library (over 1000 volumes) but was too lazy to make the effort. Fortunately, my procrastination has paid off. LibraryThing is a web application that lets you add book titles by entering a title and viewing search results from the Library of Congress or Amazon. The program then adds the book’s card to your catalog with ISBN, publisher, year and an image of the book cover. You have space to add a book summary, tags, comments, and a review -- and can even see what other users also have each book in their library. You can enter 200 books for free or buy a lifetime membership for $10 (beta special). I cannot tell you how many times I have tried to catalog my library, only to either have my computer stolen or files corrupted. This program will circumvent and protect you from such thingsoccurringg while provide a quick, efficient, and quality job in the process. >> Finally, let me mention of some happenings with P&P this week. Phil Steiger has been critiquing the satellite church model and found my article called Franchising Church. His blog is called Every Thought Captive. Also, Phil Johnson (Pyromaniac) mentions that I mentioned his bookmarks last week. Also, this week has welcomed many visitors and readers. To all of you new to P&P, I want to say, "Welcome, and thank you for considering P&P a small part of your day." Hope all of you have a wonderful weekend!

- t.n.b.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005