.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Brad Hughes for Congress!

Other than his normal duties as editor-at-large of P&P, Brad Hughes is running this year for the 2nd Congressional District Seat in the United States House of Representatives for the state of Georgia. Brad is completing his final semester at seminary and has already hit the campaign trail. I have been acquainted with Brad for about a year now (he's kind of hard not to know) but did not really get to know him well until this past October. Since then, God has allowed us to enjoy an especially kindred friendship that has brought about a genuine and palpable joy to my life. Now, Brad is undergoing a real challenge of David & Goliah proportions. You see, in his district a Republican has never won, and the incumbent (Sanford Bishop) has been holding the seat for 14 years. Not realizing that the district has been redrawn, some nay-sayers have already written Brad off. But people who have sung the dirge have often realized that they were singing lyrics more indicative of themselves than the person they were singing about. Simply, I believe in Brad, period. I believe in what he is about, what he is wanting to do, and the reason why he wants to do it. If you or someone you know is interested in the Brad's campaign, let me encourage you to visit his website. Moreover, because of the new campaign finance regulations, contributions are even more difficult to amass. I encourage you to seriously consider financially supporting his campaign for Congress. No amount is too small. If the money is there, Brad has no doubt that he can win this election. If you cannot give, I ask you to pray for Brad as this will undoubtedly be a life-changing experience for him. For those of you who know Brad, you know that he is a straight-shooting, stand-up guy who isn't afraid of telling you what he thinks and believes. He is seeking change for his district in Georgia and for the Congress, beginning with character. Authenticity will go a long way in bringing credibilty to those who are representing us in D.C., and I think Brad personifies that genuiness. Regardless of the outcome, I am just glad to assist a brother who is sticking his neck out while most of us his age have ours between a pillow and bag of potato chips. Go for it Brad! Take that sling and work it out!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Timmy,

My name is Theresa and I used to live in Louisville and I am great friends with Brad! I love that guy! I am so excited that he is pursuing this! I just wish I lived in the 2nd disctrict of Georgia so I could vote for him! I will be praying!

Theresa Raus

2/15/2006 03:16:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What awesome words!
It is wonderful to see that in such a short time of you knowing Brad, his genuine character has shown through to you. He is a great man of God and he will be a huge asset to Georgia. With much prayer, Brad will accomplish everything God has in store for him. I appreciate your thoughtfulness.
Sincerely,
Jill Hughes Neeley

2/15/2006 03:17:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so great. You'll probably see him before I do. Tell him I said congratulations and good luck.

2/15/2006 05:03:00 PM

 
Blogger Kenan said...

Wow!That's great.
I'm surprised I just now heard (or read) about it.

2/15/2006 06:38:00 PM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

Thanks for the words of encouragement folks. Let's get the word out. This will be a grassroots efforts all the way.

Brad will inevitably be outfunded greatly in the campaign,and where we come in is "cheap" advertisement. While some of may not have much dinero to offer, we do have our mouths (and our blogs).

However, supporting his campaign financially is Brad's biggest obstacle, so whether it is $50 or $5, it all counts. Your help is greatly appreciated.

2/15/2006 08:38:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005