.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

T4G: Live-Picture-Blogging :: Friday

Here are some pics I took from Friday's sessions at the Together for the Gospel Conference. As I have time, I will continue to post pictures of the conference, although I do not know if I will post them here on P&P. I know for sure they will be available here or here. Thank you to all of you who were so kind to link my pics on your blog and to all of you who have commented the pictures. As is true for many of you, these guys and this conference was momentous in many ways, and I hope to just catch a glimpse of that reality. For those of you who could not attend, it is my hope that what Challies has been blogging and what you have been hearing can be combined with a visual or lens with which you can see all that took place (or at least some of it). So here you go. Again, more to come later . . . (remember click to enlarge).

The Cross (logo) John MacArthur preaching from 1 Thessalonians 1-2 C.J. Mahaney preaching from 1 Timothy 4:16 Tim Challies typing 200 words per minute Mark Dever and Don Elbourne (after Don asks, "Will you run for the president of the SBC if you are nominated?) Some of the Band of Bloggers (from left to right - Alex Forrest, Scott Lamb, Tim Challies, and Marc Heinrich) Some guys listening in (I know that sounds so nondescript)

6 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Nice pictures.

I'd like permission to use one, if I could. I couldn't find your email, but mine is at my Blogger profile, if you want to contact me there.

4/29/2006 10:53:00 AM

 
Blogger Terry said...

Thanks for your part in making this week great, Timmy. It was great meeting you. Nice pictures! I just took a disposable camera, so I don't know what I have yet!

I will link people to you site, but I may do so through one of your pictures - I see that they say "public" on them. Is that blanket permission to use them with proper attribution?

Terry Stauffer

4/29/2006 11:10:00 AM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

Terry and Thirstydavid,

Yes, the photos are for public use and want them to be benefited from by whoever wishes to use them. I did not watermark or throw my name on them because I did not feel that it would be necessary to do so.

I guess the only think I would ask is that you mention that these photos were taken by me in some form or fashion so that they would also know where they could find them and others as well.

If you would like to contact me, feel free to email me at gospelcentral [at] yahoo [dot] com. Thank you for requesting permission and rights to use the images.

4/29/2006 02:31:00 PM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

Andrew,

Thank you for your comments. There are several bloggers discussing the issue over audio and video right now, and I am not sure if there is a clear word on that. I think the panel discussion audio is being debated (see Adrian Warnock's blog) and the DVD will be available, but I do not know win (see Challies blog). I do know that the MP3's will be available by June to download for free. Also, the Band of Bloggers panel discussion will be up by next week to download (on my blog as well as bandofbloggers.com.

Alex,

This might sound funny, but I was directly in front of you in line to register at the conference. I think we briefly chatted, but you were in conversation with Ed Elliot (another blogging friend) and discussed your book on dating (which is great by the way). I will add you to the Band of Bloggers and send you the pertinent information shortly. I am pumped that you have decided to join the work we are endeavoring to do for the sake of the gospel.

4/29/2006 08:21:00 PM

 
Blogger Andrew Lindsey said...

So out of curiosity- how did Dever respond to Elbourne's question?

5/01/2006 08:07:00 PM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

Well, if I can remember correctly, I think he graciously deferred by saying that there were many other men more qualified and better suited for that position.

My interpretation: No way. Nope. Never. Don't want it. Don't care about it.

I had a friend of mine who went to the recent weekender there at CHBC and discussed this while over there. From what I understand, Dever is down to be the VP of the Convention, which means, well, very little. What are the responsibilities of the veep in the Convention anyways?

5/02/2006 03:59:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005