.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The Prophet Elijah is Back . . . in Colorado!

On a lighter note:

This past Sunday, Dr. Betts mentioned that he was doing some research on the prophet Elijah. He soon came to find out that Elijah is alive and living in the wilderness of Colorado! As an introduction, this Elijah says the following:

Indeed, I have come...I am real, I am going on 75 years old, I am Jewish (although I was not brought up in the Jewish community). I live in a remote area of southern Colorado, I have sat at the feet of Jesus Christ for almost half a century OUTSIDE the church world, and I have never sat at any man's feet since I came out of the church in 1958. We are about 50 miles from the nearest gas pump; we generate our own electricity and are generally self-sufficient.

He goes on to say,

I take what I do very seriously...I am not simply on an ego trip, and I am not some upstart trying to be some great one. God has made me what I am, and you want-to-be-Elijahs have no idea what the ministry is about or what Elijah will go through; if you did know what I will go through, you would not want to be Elijah at all; I will be the most hated man on the face of the earth because I will expose and reveal the lies and falsehood of this present church world including the denominations, every one.
Just thought I’d let you “wanna-be-Elijah’s” out there to know where the nearest gas pump is located . . . 50 miles from the real Elijah.

Only in America.

P.S. Elijah is also working on his new translation of the Bible called the New American Version (glad “American” was in it). Interestingly enough, it will not have the words “cross”, “crucify”, “grace”, or “church” in the new translation. Sounds like this would be a good translation for some of those "seeker-sensitive" churches out there.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kenan said...

Perhaps in his self-sufficiency out in the Colorado wilderness, he ate a few mushrooms or wild berries.

5/10/2006 12:32:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005