.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Friday, May 05, 2006

POTW :: 05.05.06 :: Purple Perspective

{Click to enlarge}
Yet one more from the riverfront a couple of weeks ago. 66 second exposure, nothing really different except the purple hue. White Balance manualy cooled in post, and saturation slightly tweaked. I have a few images from Thunder Over Louisville that I might add in the days ahead. My inventory of unposted is running a little low (except T4G of course), so I need to get out for another photo excursion. Any takers in Louisville?
Here's the exif data for the photogs: Camera: Canon 20D Lens: 28-135mm IS USM Focal Length: 28mm Tv: 66 sec Av: f/8 ISO: 100 WB: Custom (3200K) Steve McCoy, Joe Thorn, Joe Kennedy and Alex Forrest also post pics on Friday. I encourage you to check out their photography. For those interested in poetry, check out ColossiansThreeSixteen.

8 Comments:

Blogger KS said...

Tim,
Does this train bridge have a name? What railroad operates on these tracks?

The reason I asked is because I like taking pictures of trains.

Paul Schafer

5/05/2006 11:01:00 PM

 
Blogger KS said...

Also, you could post the train bridge picture on It's a great forum.

5/05/2006 11:06:00 PM

 
Blogger KS said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5/05/2006 11:07:00 PM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

Paul,

Interesting to see that you interested in trains. Funny how idiosyncratic we are! I do not know the name of the bridge here, but it is a popular one here in Louisville (so it should be easy for me to find out). As a matter of fact, the waterfront of Louisville is being developed around this bridge which will soon be used for people to walk back and forth from L-ville to Indiana's waterfront which is to be completed by 2008 (or so I am told).

5/06/2006 03:38:00 AM

 
Blogger KS said...

Timmy,

Being in Texas, I wanted to got to the T4G conference, but I couldn't. Someday, if the Lord and the wife are willing, I would like to go to Louisville and Southern Seminary. So any posting of pictures that you have of Louisville and Southern Seminary would be helpful.

5/06/2006 08:06:00 AM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

Paul,

I haven't exactly taken a whole lot of pictures of the seminary, but I do have some photos of Louisville (including those from the seminary) which can be found on my flickr page. Also, I have a set called "Life in Louisville" which has deals mostly with places and stuff my wife and I have done since we have been here. Here are the links:

My Flickr Page:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/solaluminacaptura/

"Life in Louisvlle" set"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/solaluminacaptura/sets/365144/

Also, you may want to check out my photos from the T4G Conference and Band of Bloggers meeting which I have recently been posting. I plan on adding more pictures in the days ahead.

Hope to see you around here sometime soon! If not, let's stay in touch.

5/06/2006 06:30:00 PM

 
Blogger KS said...

Tim,

Yes, let's stay in touch. Great photos on flicker, especially the mission trips earlier this year. Did you post anything on that earlier this year so that I can read?

Also, maybe you should make a post of definitions of your ten-cent theological words you like using so us non-seminariarns can understand what you are saying? LOL

5/07/2006 10:42:00 AM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

Paul,

Thanks for the kind comments. As far as Ecuador mission goes, I had several things I wished to write about, but I was caught up in the End of the Spear controversy and had little time to write much about it. I still may write, even though it may be "outdated."

Yeah, those $.10 words are a doozy. I have made it clear in the past that I hope my blog will serve as a means to help folks who do not have a formal seminary education or training. Sometimes I take certain words or phrases for granted, and I need to do a better of job of breaking them down.

Speaking of this and our recent discussion about providence, I will be writing about compatibilist middle knowledge soon - to explain it and make the case for it. I need to do more of this, and I hope this will be a decent start. Thanks again! And feel free to shoot any questions to me, especially when I say something you (or others) do not understand!

5/08/2006 09:32:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005