.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Monday, May 01, 2006

Some Stuff on the Agenda

I have many things on the agenda that I would like to share with all of you, not the least of which are my reflections and thoughts of the Band of Bloggers meeting and the T4G Conference. However, due to lack of time, I will have to get to that later. Let me put some stuff out there in bullet points for you. Some of it will not be of any interest to you, but I am doing this also as a reminder and accountability to myself to do this. Maybe this will let you know what I am working on and where I am going.

  • The Band of Bloggers Directory continues to increase of which I am really excited. If you would like to add your name and blog to the directory, go here for more information.
  • James Thompson and I will be working on developing the TheBandofBloggers.com website which will be the continuing conversation of bloggers who want to build their lives and blogs on the gospel. If you want to go ahead and bookmark it or link to it, you can find it here (the URL is correct, but the template and format will change a bit).
  • For a long time now I have wanted to change my sidebar and clean it up a bit. This includes adding/changing my blogroll. There have been so many great blogs that I had no idea were out there and need to be added while others have ceased to exist. I am also considering making a blogroll just for Band of Bloggers Directory as the official listing of those in the directory.
  • For those of you who attended the Band of Bloggers, I will be emailing you about the group blog and the vision for it. For those who didn’t attend but would like to be a part of the group blog, I will be emailing you as well and asking if you would like to participate. Before I write publicly about what will happen, I would like to get feedback from you and see what your thoughts were and how the blog could be best served.
  • I will continue to add photos from the T4G Conference and have created a set on my Flickr page as well as a group pool which you can place your photos if you have any. Concerning attribution and copyright, I did not put my name on the images or watermark them because I want them to be available for public use. However, just as one would recognize the author of an article or book, I ask that you include my name and possibly where others can find the images.
  • Finally, and on a different note, I have joined up with a group of guys to start a blog called Strange BaptistFire. Some of you many not know about BaptistFire while many of you do. The blog is officially up and the first post has been made by Dustin Segers, pastor of Shepherd’s Fellowship of Greensboro, NC. Sometime this week, I will post why I have chosen to be a part of this, and why I feel that it is important to not only proclaim and demonstrate the gospel in our lives, but also defend it. The purpose of this blog is not to be polemical or fuel “one-upmanship” but rather to loving correct those in opposition who have slandered, lied, and maligned their Christian brothers and help stop the damage being done to local churches due to their website and others like them. In the SBC especially, great harm is being done by the anonymous guys at BaptistFire coupled with an almost weekly expectation of another pastor attacking the doctrines of grace. I want to be a part of biblical reform and seeing God-centered theology come back to our churches. Like I said, I plan on writing more on this later this week.

I guess that’s it for now. So many of you I was able to meet for the first time last week, and I want to say that there was not a one whom I did not feel honored to get to know. You all (or ya’ll if you are from my neck of the woods) have encouraged me greatly. Let’s continue to stir the fire in our hearts with a shared passion for the greatness of God as we join our lives and even our blogs for the sake of His name.

2 Comments:

Blogger Timmy Brister said...

Jeff,

Thanks for commenting. Yeah, I still have a ton of Ecuador photos yet to be posted! Maybe after this semester I can throw some more up on Flickr. The conference was a watershed moment in my opinion for contemporary evangelical Christianity as it was necessary to come together under a much more biblically defined umbrella as the gospel of Jesus Christ than mere evangelicalism. I am looking forward to what this all means for the future of our churches.

5/01/2006 03:12:00 PM

 
Blogger Tony Kummer said...

Couldn't be there but would love to see this kind of blog. Cooperation. Let me know if I can help, my angle is a little different being the only Piper Cub I know working in Children's Ministry/Ed. Minister outside of Bethlehem.

T4G had excellent coverage for you guys. Thanks again.

5/01/2006 11:15:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005