.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Monday, July 31, 2006

Another Update and a Request for Prayer

Last week, I shared an update about a good friend of mine serving in a militantly Islamic region of the world. He has emailed me again, and I am sharing this update with you asking for your prayers. The meeting he is referring to will take place tomorrow. Let us not neglect prayer for our brothers and sisters taking the gospel to the darkest places in the world shining the light of the glory of GOd in the face of Christ.

Friends,

I have a special request for you to pray about. In the past, I have mentioned that there is a prominent member of the national parliament from my area of work whom I have been trying to make contact with. He is possibly the leading voice in this country calling for Shariah (holy/Islamic) law to be imposed. Three times I have visited his village home, and not caught him. The last two times I have taken my wife with me. The email message I sent out about a month ago concerning the difference having Jessica with me when making evangelistic visits was after being at this man's house. Twice she has been inside and shared the gospel with the women of his home. Today I was able to make contact with him by phone, and learned that he would be in our home town tomorrow. He invited me to visit a local madrassa (Islamic school) where he is on the board of directors. That will be Tuesday morning in the USA.

Here is how you can pray specifically:

1) I am not sure if I will be able to take my family inside the school or not. Whatever happens, ask the Lord to use my wife and kids to destroy any false understandings about Jesus that western culture has produced. In Islam, the women of the family carry the weight of holiness for the entire family. That is why the dress and conduct of women is so important. As the Scripture says, "those who won't listen to the word...will be won without a word, by the holy conduct of the wives." God has given me a large, and currently young, family for such a time as this.

2) Pray for a heart which has probably never felt the Holy Spirit to perceive the presence of the Lord. Ask that ears who have never been able to appropriately hear the gospel, because of the lies of Islam, would be sharp to hear. "It is difficult for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven...but with God all things are possible."

3) Ask that I have wisdom to know how to approach sharing with him. Normally with leaders I share pretty openly, with respect and firmness. I may only get one chance with a member of parliament. It is difficult for a large leader to make heart felt decisions in public. If tomorrow is my only chance to talk to him, then he is going to have to listen. However, if there is a better setting in which to approach him with such serious issues, then ask that I have the perception to see how the Spirit is moving. 4) Hospitality and formality is overwhelming in some of these situations. At times they are a distraction. Pray that these things would not get in the way.

Thank you for keeping our missionaries in your prayers. On another note, last night I spoke with another brother who recently returned from serving two years in one of holiest cities in India. I am scheduling an interview with him in the near future and will be posting it here on P&P.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005