.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Friday, July 28, 2006

POTW :: 07.28.06 :: passionofpiper

{Click to enlarge}
Yesterday, I posted that the 2006 Desiring God National Conference has a new blog, and for the past month or so, I have been looking for a good time to post some more of my Together for the Gospel pics. In light of the DG Conference, I thought I'd post this picture of John Piper from the T4G Conference. I believe this image encaspulates his untamed passion and relentless rigor in the pursuit of God's glory in expository exultation. When I listen to Piper (like I did this morning to his message on sex and the supremacy of Christ), I am reminded of the weight of glory, the gravitas of God. Apart from my father, of men living today, none has influenced me more to live with a passion (and panting) for Jesus than John Piper. Over the course of this weekend, I am going to publicly post images of Piper from the T4G conference that I have yet to release. All in all, expect about 20-25 images from his message at the conference. To go to my T4G Conference set, go here. TO go to my Flickr page, go here. To go to the DG 2006 National Conference, go here.
Here's the exif data for the photogs: Camera: Canon 20D Lens: 100-400mm IS USM Focal Length: 400mmTv: 1/320 sec Av: f/5.6.0 ISO: 1600 WB: Custom (3900 K) I in no way want to be exclusionary by not linking to everyone with a Friday special, but the number of participants is simply getting too big to link everyone. If you have a photo for the Friday Photo group, be sure to put it here. For poetry and prose, check out Brent Thomas, and for church history, see William Turner.

1 Comments:

Blogger Timmy Brister said...

Nick,

Yes I am planning on attending the conference. I knew of the conference for some time, but when I say the trailor at the T4G Conference, I realized I need to change my plans. By changing my plans I mean that I decided not to go to Greensboro and this conference instead.

Yes, for me this is more than a conference. So many conferences I have been to has been either a preacher's circuit where popular preachers preach their sugar stick sermons to get everyone excited or a conference that is an offshoot of another one in the past. The T4G Conference and the DG Conferences stand out in my opinion.

7/28/2006 03:27:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005