.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

His Face Shine Upon You

While I was converting this image from RAW to JPEG, I was looking at it, and it reminded me of those powerpoint slides at church normally used before or after the service. So I thought I would give it a try.

{Click to enlarge}
So tell me, honestly. Is this total cheese? I admit, I need to get better at Photoshop. I am not a graphics designer but a novice photographer, so I need to play around with PS more (like I have the time!). Oh well, for shame or game, there it is.

3 Comments:

Blogger David said...

I'm not a big fan of Christianized art, but that is a truly amazing shot. The passage is appropriate. I vote not cheesy.

7/25/2006 09:37:00 PM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

Thanks David!

I too am not a big fan of Christianized art, and I guess that's my whole apprehension towards attempting this thing.

I really like Desiring God's treatment of photographs and Scripture insertions, and I think it can be done with excellence. But unfortunately, I have seen really poor attempts, and I don't want to contribute to that, lest I find my work being satirized on Purgatorio!

7/25/2006 10:06:00 PM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

Nick,

Thanks for the suggestions. I did not really spend a whole lot of time on this (less than 10 minutes), so maybe if I had the time, I could come up with a better font, layout, and details.

I have several photos I think *could* be decent images where verses could be inserted. If I get around to them, I might randomly post them to get some feedback.

7/26/2006 03:10:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005