.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Friday, July 14, 2006

POTW :: 07.14.06 :: Shores

{Click to enlarge}
On the beachfront border of Florida/Alabama line is the Perdido Pass where yachts and chartered boats come in and out to sea. At the pass is a long row of massive rocks where people fish or catch bait for deep sea fishing. I walked out on these rocks around 4:45 a.m. to catch a few night shots and the sunrise. Well, it was really overcast, so I didn't catch much of a sunrise. But I did get a few shots like this that I like. The water looks like glass, but the waves where crashing like usual. Neat thing is when you shoot long exposure (this one was 68 seconds), the waves' motion is too fast to be recorded due to the lack of light. Therefore the glass-like effect. Neato. Oh, and before I forget, I have uploaded nearly 50 images this week on Flickr. I am trying to get more disciplined in posting images regularly. To view my Flickr page, go here. To view my set of images from the beach, go here.
Here's the exif data for the photogs: Camera: Canon 20D Lens: 28-135mm IS USM Focal Length:28mm Tv: 68 sec Av: f/22.0 ISO: 400 WB: Shade See also Joe Thorn's, Steve McCoy's, Joe Kennedy's, Alex Forrest's, William Turner's, Matt Wireman's, Kevin Cawley's, and Laura Beth's Friday pics. For poetry and prose, check out Brent Thomas.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dwayne said...

Timmy,

Is this a shot of the Pheonix? That is where we have stayed when we go to Gulf Shores/Orange Beach with my wife's family each year. I have been out on those rocks myself - beautiful in the early morning!

Nice shot

7/14/2006 02:49:00 PM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

Dwayne,

Yes it is. We stayed in the Phoenix East. To the left in the pic is Phoenix 6,7, and 8. To the right of where we were was Phoenix East 2.

I am glad I am not not the only one on the rocks. :)

7/14/2006 03:48:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005