.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Monday, July 24, 2006

Bowling for a Turkey

This past weekend, my brother and sister-in-law came up to hang out with my wife and me. Besides grubbing at P.F. Chang's and Rocky's, we happened to go bowling (which I hadn't done in a long time). I grew up bowling with my dad and brother, so it was quite nostalgic to strap on those rental shoes, grease up my hands, and pretend like I know what I am doing (I sometimes watch bowling on Sunday afternoons on ESPN, but it's not that exciting). Anyway, I had an opportunity to get a Turkey on my second game, and my brother happened to catch me in the act:

Check out the form baby!
Oh, and I do get a little excited sometimes.
After such a feel-good experience, I was pondering about the possibility of doing this more often. Maybe some of my SBTS blogging friends and classmates would want to challenge me on the lanes? Any takers?

5 Comments:

Blogger William E. Turner Jr. said...

white men can jump!

7/24/2006 03:03:00 PM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

Er, make that Middle-Eastern man can jump. Trust me, we're used to it.

7/24/2006 03:19:00 PM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

Nick,

Thanks for the comments man. I, too, took bowling for my PE class in college. Those were the days man. I also remember going to a youth lock-in with a couple of guys. That night less than 50 kids from the association showed up, meaning that I and the guys with me each got their own lane to bowl all night long. And bowl we did. I kept the score card which tallied all 34 games we played. Yes, I did say 34 games. I couldn't walk for the next three days. I think I had a bonding moment that night with the lanes.

I can't quite bowl 200, but I did happen to break 100 so I guess you could call me "average."

7/24/2006 07:50:00 PM

 
Blogger Stephen Newell said...

You're on. Drop me an email sometime or I'll drop by your belt and we can figure something out. My wife likes bowling too so we could do the double date thing!

7/25/2006 05:49:00 AM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

Alright, Stephen. I will let my wife know. But rule number one is that you cannot use the 8 lb. ball, okay?

7/25/2006 07:20:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005