.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow

Being from Alabama, I get a little giddy when it comes to the chances of getting a good snow. It looks like that tomorrow night might be the first snowfall with accumulation (3-6 inches expected). Here's the weather alert: URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGENATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE LOUISVILLE KY1228 PM EST WED DEC 7 2005 A WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY MORNINGTHROUGH LATE THURSDAY NIGHT.SNOW IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP LATE THURSDAY MORNING...AND CONTINUETHROUGH EARLY FRIDAY MORNING. SNOW MAY BE HEAVY AT TIMES. TOTALSNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 3 TO 5 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE ACROSS NORTHERNKENTUCKY AND SOUTHERN INDIANA.A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANTSNOW...SLEET...OR ICE ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL.CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS. Last year when it snowed a foot around Christmas, I was digging out my car with my bare hands. I learned my lesson and bought a shovel. Unfortunately, UPS does not close for snow. The city can shut down and roads all closed, but UPS will be open. Don't worry, you will get your packages. I will be one of the several thousand wondering what in the world we are doing loading boxes when we should be building snow men! Oh well, I will still be singing, "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!"

1 Comments:

Blogger Timmy Brister said...

I was just talking to my friend Dan a few minutes ago while we were leaving work. I asked him whether or not he thought the meteorologists had connections with gas stations and grocery stores. I mean, back in Alabama, if the weather man said we were going to get half an inch, every loaf of bread in North Alabama was gone within hours along with gallons of milk and bottled water. The lines at the gas stations the day before the storm snaked around the parking lot, and it seemed that everyone was contributing to the hype. More times than not, we saw a flake or two (maybe three if we were lucky), but certainly not enough to accumulate or amount to anything.

But Scott is right. Alabama doesn't have snow plows or even snow shovels. As a matter of fact, the only snow equipment I think my family ever owned was an ice scraper for the windshield. Now I know this may sound odd for those of you in the north, but I think oddities abound whether you are from Boston or Birmingham. While many of you look at the snow and pass by an old friend, I still look at it as though we had first met. You might just find me clicking my heels to make some snow angels . . .

12/08/2005 05:33:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005